I – OUR ECOSYSTEM
1. Who are we?
The Direction du Développement Economique, de l’Emploi et de l’Innovation de Courbevoie (Department of Economic Development, Employment and Innovation of Courbevoie) is committed to developing a vibrant local economy. We harness the economic, educational and innovative dynamism that fuels our exceptional local environment, home to the La Défense business district.
31 avenue Marceau
Tel. : +33 (0)1 71 05 72 17 / +33 (0)1 71 05 76 73
2. Our skills
Develop synergies and solutions to invent the City of Tomorrow that is more sustainable, more competitive and more intelligent.
- Create and develop your company
- Set up premises in the local area
- Optimise prospection and networking
- Define your search strategy
- Maximize your potential
- Recruit new team members
- Connect innovation players
- Support start-ups
- Anticipate economic and social transformations
- Get support from our “excellence” ecosystem
- Adapt skills to changing job roles
- Promote student entrepreneurship
3. Our partners
We work in partnership with local institutions and organizations that play a key role in the local economy, jobs, training, entrepreneurship and innovation.
4. Exceptional economic fabric
Courbevoie-La Défense belongs to very dynamic employment area with 1.6 jobs per active working adult. It brings together an remarkable entrepreneurial ecosystem demonstrating a rich, diverse economic fabric:
- Headquarters of CAC 40 and international companies
- Numerous SOHO / SME / start-ups
- Remarkable network of universities and grandes écoles
- A melting pot of local, artisanal companies
The Economic Observatory is an annual reference tool that provides a global and synthetic vision of key figures relating to Courbevoie’s economic activity, as well as recent socio-economic data for the Paris Ouest La Défense area.
- 1,000+ companies created each year in Courbevoie-La Défense (1,293 in 2016)
- 11,216 active companies – across all sectors
- 96,720 jobs in Courbevoie, 10% of jobs in the Hauts-de-Seine département
Courbevoie is home to La Défense, No.1 European and leading international business district. It was also ranked the 4th most appealing business district in the world by Ernst & Young and the Urban Land Institute.
The majority of companies belong to the tertiary services sector – Total, Technip France, Engie, Areva, Saint-Gobain, Société Générale, Crédit Agricole Corporate, Ernst & Young and KPMG all have their headquarters at La Défense.
Key figures : Paris La Défense
• The PARIS OUEST LA DÉFENSE territorial establishment
PARIS OUEST LA DÉFENSE (POLD) is a public territorial establishment within Greater Paris in the Hauts-de-Seine département. Comprising 11 towns and cities including Courbevoie, this strategic area generates high levels of attractiveness and competiveness.
• PARIS REGION
We work in close partnership with the Paris Region in the context of the Schéma Régional de Développement Economique, d’Innovation et d’Internationalisation SRDEII (Regional Strategy for Economic Development, Innovation and Internationalization).
II – ENTREPRENEURSHIP
1. Our support services
La Direction du Développement Économique, Emploi et Innovation provides different economic players with support packages under the “Attractive Entreprendre” label.
We give companies tools to set up in Courbevoie-La Défense, support their development and inform them about the local economic environment.
THE ENTREPRENEURSHIP OFFICE
The Entrepreneurship Office is a free programme designed to support entrepreneurs at every step of their project via 3 dedicated “packages”:
- Creation Pack: set up new projects with guidance from experts including business plans, choice of status and legal regulations, market studies, and financing.
- Development Pack: drive the development stategy of companies of between 1 and 3 years including commercial strategy, offer promotion, digital strategy, manager protection, premises search, financing, legal and accounting advice.
- Growth Pack: guide companies over 5 years old in their investments, recruitment, international development and networking.
- Innovation Pack: supports local entrepreneurs with innovative projects, more mature companies seeking to develop a new innovation strategy and local start-ups.
Two complementary offers:
- The Entrepreneur Café: attend gatherings that connect entrepreneurs and generate new business opportunities.
- “Pitch Créa”: give budding entrepreneurs and newly launched companies the chance to present their projects to a mini panel of experts who provide personalised advice.
2. Our events
Our economic activity is enhanced by highlights – including conferences, round tables and trade fairs – throughout the year to:
- Facilitate enterpreneurial adminstration
- Enrich professional exchanges
- Present trends and best business practises
- Inspire through testimonials from well-known entrepreneurs
III – JOBS
1. Our support services
Under the Attractive Emploi label, we activate an array of key levers for launching a successful professional project.
- Job seekers: coaching path run by experts and available to anyone living in Courbevoie wishing to be supported in their professional project or job search.
- Job seekers with a business creation project: support optimising your situation whether as an employee and/or entrepreneur.
- Companies: assistance for local recruters to meet their recruitment needs.
3. The Rendez-vous de l’Emploi
An annual highlight for companies and job seekers, the Rendez-vous de l’Emploi of Courbevoie is the only employment event of its size organised by a French town or city.
The Rendez-vous de l’Emploi opens up new professional opportunities and connects talents by generating encounters between recruiters and candidates using original formats.
4. Lab Attractive Courbevoie
Run by Courbevoie through the Attractive Emploi label, the Lab Attractive Courbevoie fits into an experimental and sustainable prospective approach. Key instititutional employment players, companies and local higher education figures come together to consider tomorrow’s employability. This constructive vision drives concrete actions within identified channels, as well as being a fertile ground for imagining local services for the future.
IV – INNOVATION
1- An innovative area
The Paris Ouest La Défense area is one of the regional leaders in innovation.
The challenge for Paris Ouest La Défense is to adapt to the deep trends transforming our economic landscape – particularly with the digital revolution – and encourage companies to find new economic models. By anticipating these changes, the area can accompany local players and seize innovation opportunities and the jobs they generate.
The numerous advantages highlight its high innovation potential:
- Presence of large international groups at La Défense
- High level of qualifications
- Diverse network of SME/SOHO
- Renowned university and research departments that promote student entrepreneurship
- Presence of incubators, FabLabs and coworking spaces
2- Prix de l’Innovation Paris Ouest La Défense
Courbevoie launched the Prix Attractive Innovation which, in 2016, rewarded 9 of the 120 start-up candidates in the FinTech, Energy, Health/Well-Being, CRS and Open Innovation categories. These awards are some of the only to be organised by a local collectivity.
In 2017, the Prix Attractive Innovation became the Prix de l’Innovation Paris Ouest La Défense to widen its scope and include innovation players across the POLD area. The Prix de l’Innovation Paris Ouest La Défense is an additional lever within the innovative support and experimentation programme run by POLD, which has been identified as a key sustainable economic area for tomorrow based on the numerous wide-reaching projects.
3- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Cluster
Making innovation key to the area’s appeal, economic development and competitiveness, Paris Ouest La Défense can justifably position itself as a leading innovation and entrepreneurship facilitator.
Within this context, POLD has set the following objectives:
- Be a cluster for all the area’s innovation resources and initiatives
- Develop a prospective vision of economic transformations and tomorrow’s professions
V – TRAINING & HIGHER EDUCATION
1. Life-long learning
To flourish in a constantly changing job market, we need to continue learning and updating our skills throughout our professional lives. As a trampoline for jobs and training, POLD is an essential link between in the closely connected areas of training, higher education and employment.
Based on extensive local experience, Courbevoie-La Défense implements concrete actions with 4 main aims:
- Develop actions to guide and orientate students
- Help young graduates and the unemployed find jobs
- Promote entrepreneurship and innovation for students
- Provide life-long training and upgrade skills