1. Our ecosystem
Who are we?
Located in the Hauts-de-Seine département in the Ile-de-France region, Courbevoie is one of the 11 cities that make up the Paris Ouest La Défense area.
The Direction du Développement Economique, de l’Emploi et des Relations avec les entreprises in Courbevoie (Department of Economic Development, Employment and Corporate Relations of Courbevoie) is committed to developing a vibrant local economy. Namely, we use, develop and channel the economic dynamism that fuels our fantastic local environment, home to the Paris La Défense business district.
The one-stop shop for businesses
Find all the services you will need to establish your business in one place. The “Corporate Relations” team will be happy to:
- answer your questions
- introduce you to the city, its infrastructure and services
- direct you to relevant contacts and partners
Our support services
We activate an array of key levers to help you launch a successful professional project. This programme targets:
- residents of Courbevoie over 26 years of age looking for a job or switching careers
- residents of Courbevoie over 26 years of age currently employed and who would like advice on their career
- Courbevoie companies looking to recruit.
Once we assess your situation, our team guides you towards a coaching programme which includes both job search techniques and personal development.
We also regularly organise job matching events with local recruiters.
And finally, with “Objectif Talents”, we use state-of-the-art technology to detect your full potential.
We offer you a selection of local job offers.
3. The Entrepreneurship office
Our support services
The Entrepreneurship Office is a free programme designed to support entrepreneurs at every step of their project via 2 dedicated « packages »:
Creation Pack: designed to help local project holders to set up new projects with guidance from experts including building their business plans, choosing their status, informing them about legal regulations, market studies, and financing opportunities.
Development Pack: designed for early development stage companies to drive their development strategy between year 1 to 3, including building their commercial strategy, digital strategy, promotions, looking for their premises/office space, manager protection, financing, legal and accounting consulting.
Each of these programs include a mix of free one-on-one counseling, group sessions and workshops in smaller groups.
We also propose:
- The Entrepreneur Café: a monthly networking gathering that connects entrepreneurs and generate new business opportunities.
- « Pitch Créa »: that provides budding entrepreneurs and newly launched companies with the opportunity to present their projects to a mini panel of experts who provide them personalised advice over a 6-month period.
- The Youlink network: the local business network for young entrepreneurs and VSEs / SMEs in the Courbevoie – La Défense area, that facilitates business between professionals. Youlink offers an online directory and organises gatherings specially for “Youlinkers”.
Our economic activity is enhanced by highlights – including conferences, round tables and trade fairs – throughout the year to:
- Facilitate enterpreneurial adminstration
- Enrich professional exchanges
- Present trends and best business practises
- Inspire through testimonials from well-known entrepreneurs
4. Business services
Under its Courbevoie Solutions Entreprises brand, our department offers a diversified range of services to facilitate the set-up and growth of companies at every stage of their development in the area.
A tailor-made support to work on your strategy or guide you towards new business prospects in Courbevoie:
- Courbevoie Solutions Entreprises helps you find your premises/office space, by giving you access to an online search tool (offices, commercial premises, warehouses, workshops) and by sharing your needs with a network of local economic players.
- You can find all coworking spaces, incubators and start-up centers in Courbevoie and Paris Ouest La Défense on our website.
- Benefit from financing advice. Our goal is to make it easier for you to find the right financing solutions and refer you to local financing players.
- Gather all types of information on the economic landscape with the help of our experts and by consulting the Economic Directory, and also join local business networks.
- The city of Courbevoie and Courbevoie Event have infrastructure and reception halls available for rent for all your corporate events: seminars, product launches, conference streaming, multiplex events, webinars and more.
5. Setting up your business in Courbevoie
Top 10 reasons to choose Courbevoie
1. An exceptional economic fabric
Courbevoie-La Défense belongs to a very dynamic employment area. It brings together a remarkable entrepreneurial ecosystem demonstrating a rich, diverse economic fabric:
- Headquarters of international and CAC 40 listed companies
- Numerous SME / SOHO and start-ups
- Remarkable network of universities and grandes écoles (leading colleges in business and engineering)
- A melting pot of local, craft business
Courbevoie Key figures
- 1,500+ companies created in Courbevoie-La Défense every year (namely 1,828 in 2020)
- 11,668 active companies – across all sectors (in 2019)
- 121,618 salaried positions (end 2018)
Paris La Défense
Courbevoie is home to Paris La Défense, No.1 European and leading international business district. It was also ranked the 4th most appealing business district in the world.
Sectors represented: A predominance of companies from the service sector, in particular the digital economy, banking, insurance, finance, auditing and consulting, healthcare, energy and engineering: Total, Engie, Idemia, Orano, Suez, Saint-Gobain, Technip France, Société Générale, Crédit Agricole Corporate, AstraZeneca France as well as Ernst & Young, KPMG…
Paris La Défense key figures: www.parisladefense.com/en/discover/key-figures
2. The city of entrepreneurship
Courbevoie Solutions Entreprises (the Entrepreneurship Office) assists new businesses at every stage of their entrepreneurial project as well as the growth of existing businesses in the area.
We follow more than 400 entrepreneurs each year.
The Catalyseur de l’innovation et de l’entrepreneuriat (Innovation and entrepreneurship catalyser) supports start-ups developing their business in the Paris Ouest La Défense area.
An array of business networks also thrives in the entrepreneurial ecosystem of Courbevoie-La Défense.
See business networks (in French)
3. Accessibility and mobility
Located in the immediate suburbs of Paris, 10 min north-west of the capital by train, Courbevoie is ideally situated for companies. Our city center is only a 10-minute walk from the Paris La Défense business district, France’s 2nd largest transportation hub in terms of passenger numbers, making it one of the most easily accessible areas in the Paris metropolitan area.
- 2 train stations in Courbevoie (going to Paris Saint-Lazare and Paris La Défense)
- Métro (subway / underground) and RER (Paris metropolitan and regional rail system)
4. Labour market, skills & workplace
The city of Courbevoie is part of a very dynamic labour market with more than two jobs per working adult. There are 98,848 salaried and non-salaried jobs in the city, 57.7% of which are executive positions (2018 figures).
A service city by design, Courbevoie is home to a wide range of skills with some 1,209 craft businesses (in 2020) promoting local employment.
Courbevoie Solutions Emploi assists companies within the area with their local recruitments, as well as the spouses of new Courbevoie employees with their job search.
5. Real estate opportunities
Courbevoie has a large office park. The Paris La Défense business district alone offers 3.8 million square meters (nearly 41 million square feet) of office space in 2019.
There are a dozen coworking spaces/business centers available in Courbevoie. Paris La Défense has 35,000 m² (nearly 377,000 ft²) of coworking space, with an additional 19,000 m² (nearly 205,000 ft²) in 2020.
Looking for premises in Courbevoie? We can help you find offices, retail space, workshops and warehouses.
6. A recognised quality of life, with high commercial density
Courbevoie is ranked 1st in the Hauts-de-Seine département and 34st nationally in the 2023 list of the Villes et villages où il fait bon vivre en France (best French cities and villages to live in).
The city offers a very wide and diversified range of:
- schools and high schools
- childcare services
- cultural facilities
- sports and recreational facilities
- green spaces
7. Major urban projects
The city of Courbevoie is making significant changes, undertaking a number of developments to take account of current urban issues and ways of life in order to create an attractive, innovative, sustainable and greener city.
8. Work-related tourism
Courbevoie counts some 20 hotels and short-term rental residences that can accommodate business travelers. Every year, Paris La Défense welcomes approximately 8 million tourists and hosts 400 trade shows and 1,000 conventions which attract 2 million visitors each year. Paris La Défense has 245,000 m² (around 2.6 million ft²) of retail space and around 50 restaurants.
9. An international city
An increasing number of French headquarters of global companies are located in Courbevoie-La Défense. The city’s international attractiveness plays a key role in creating jobs in the area and in strengthening innovation.
In order to meet the needs of foreign employees, the city offers their children a multilingual and multicultural education at the Ecole Européenne Paris-La Défense (Paris-La Défense European School) in Courbevoie and the Lycée International Lucie-Aubrac (Lucie-Aubrac International High School).
10. Top-level education
The Paris Ouest La Défense area is home to a renowned higher education center. 45,000 students are enrolled in Paris La Défense alone. Among our schools and universities: Pôle Léonard de Vinci, EDC Paris Business School, Essec Business School, Université Paris Nanterre, Dauphine Campus La Défense, IESEG School of Management, CESI…